BBC World Service Latest Job Recruitment In Nigeria 2018
Requirements for Broadcast Journalist Job
- A full command and up to date knowledge of written and spoken Pidgin
- Experience of video production, editing and storytelling.
- Experience of using video editing software similar to Q-edit or FCPX.
- In depth understanding of digital and social platforms – the BBC’s and others – and the different ways audiences are consuming news in Africa
- A strong journalistic track record with knowledge of Africa and African affairs.
- Experience in social-first content production and audience engagement.
- Ability to work well with other producers, reporters and teams.
- Wide and up to date familiarity with the area/s to which the Service broadcasts including Africa , Nigeria and West African affairs and an in-depth understanding of the area/s history, politics, social issues and culture as well as the changing needs of the audience. An extensive knowledge of the media situation in the target area and the way it is developing.
- Proven editorial judgment and flair, able to make sound decisions quickly.
- Knowledge of the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines and commitment to the editorial aims of BBC News.
- Must be able to work well and calmly in a live newsroom environment; handle a rapidly changing news agenda, and have the temperament to enjoy the process.
- Must be able to demonstrate sense of visual awareness as well as technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policies and practices.
Apply for Broadcast Journalist
Senior Broadcast Journalist
Required Skills and Work Experience for Senior Broadcast Journalist Job
- Fluency and up to date knowledge of Pidgin and the ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with digital news production systems and writing with flare for pictures. An understanding of social media is essential.
- A willingness to learn to operate new technology systems and to be able to adapt to different working methods.
- A good knowledge of online journalism techniques.
- An ability to mentor, lead and inspire a team of journalists to bring out the best in them.
- A demonstrable interest in working in a multimedia environment and in encouraging audience engagement.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Nigerian, African and international current affairs.
- A good broadcasting voice and the ability to acquire the appropriate presentation style is desirable.
- A willingness to understand and adopt BBC Editorial Guidelines and to abide by BBC Values.
- Knowledge of the aims, objectives and standards of BBC World Service and Global News.
Apply for Senior Broadcast Journalist